Do something different these school holidays
Young Doctors Workshops
Thinkways is hosting exciting and hands-on half day school holiday workshops in the field of human anatomy for inquisitive children aged between 7 and 12.
This is a unique program to inspire children with aspirations to the medical fields and those who simply enjoy exploring a new area of interest with like-minded peers. Maximum fun and exploration but not for the fainthearted!
Enrolments can be made for a single half day session or make it a full day and book both morning and afternoon workshops.
It is important to note that these workshops are a fun yet challenging learning experience. All participants need to be willing and able to work positively and responsibly in group-based activities.
Workshop – Lungs
Learning Area Focus: Science
Time: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Details: We take around 1000 breaths an hour but have you ever wondered how we actually breathe? This one of a kind workshop includes respiratory system theory, lung structure and function, measuring your lung capacity and getting up and close by dissecting a real lung. Guided by a qualified teacher specialising in the sciences and a registered emergency nurse, students will explore the human body like never before which will develop anatomical knowledge and foster critical and creative thinking.
Workshop – Brain
Learning Area Focus: Science
Time: 12:45 – 2:45 PM
Details: You’re in possession of one of the most complex and incredible objects in the known universe: the human brain. Explore how your brain works and test your reflexes in this amazing workshop that will tingle your senses! We will delve into nervous system theory, brain structure and function, and of course, you will get to dissect a real brain. Guided by a qualified teacher specialising in the sciences and a registered emergency nurse, students will explore the human body like never before to develop anatomical knowledge and foster critical and creative thinking.
Ages 7 to 9
3 October 2019
Ages 10 to 12
4 October 2019
- Christ Church Grammar School, Queenslea Drive, Claremont. Science Room – Building N. No need to go to school administration. Just head directly to Thinkways. See school map for Building N.
- Parking can be found along the main road in the bus bays on Queenslea Drive or you can park at school administration.
- Doors open 10 minutes prior to the workshop start time.
- Once signed in at the workshop, parents are free to leave (but are welcome to stay up to the start time).
- We kindly request that your child be collected promptly at the end of the workshop.
Booking two sessions over the same day
Booking both workshops are a popular choice where your child can be dropped off at 10:00 AM and be collected at 2:45 PM. Children will be supervised over the 45 minute lunch break. Of course, parents are also welcome to be with their child for this period in between workshops.
What to bring
- We recommend an A4 folder, note pad, snack, water bottle (and lunch if booking two sessions over same day).
- A zest for problem solving and a thirst for a challenge.
Bookings Have Closed
Can’t make it this time? Want to be notified of future workshops?